Sir Nicholas Winton is a humanitarian who organized a rescue operation that saved the lives of 669 Jewish Czechoslovakia children from Nazi death camps, and brought them to the safety of Great Britain between the years 1938-1939.
After the war, his efforts remained unknown. But in 1988, Winton’s wife Grete found the scrapbook from 1939 with the complete list of children’s names and photos. Sir Nicholas Winton is sitting in an audience of Jewish Czechoslovakian people who he saved 50 years before.
This post gained more than 100,000 notes in over a day. One of the most powerful things I ever posted.
I’m doing a giveaway just because I can!
- Must be following me
- One reblog/like = one entry
- Winner will be chosen via random.org
- The giveaway is international thanks to thebookdepository
- The winner will be chosen July 31st at 12:00pm (EST)
- The winner’s ask box must be open and respond within 48 hours.
Any questions just ask!
BABY RACCOONS COVER THEIR EYES WHEN THEY GET SCARED AND OMG I JUST CANT ITS SO PRECIOUS
variant on the otter in the flight deck art from my redbubble
"What if I don’t fancy her in that way?" (x)
Being gay in the 40s must have been absolute hell.
Harry Potter inspired flasks by Drinking Buddy.
From the apothecarium of Horace E. Slughorn.
You can follow hollowbookco for more amazing flasks and fantastic hollow books.
Rupert Grint | Lightning
OMG RON STOP IT WHEN DID YOU GET SUCH A GREAT VOICE UGH HOLD THE PHONE CALLING ED SHEERAN RIGHT NOW NO SERIOUSLY I DON’T HAVE ROOM FOR TWO SEXY GINGER SINGERS IN MY LIFE JK I DO THE MORE THE MERRIER
HOLY SHIT IT’S REAL….HOW THE HELL?!?!?!
tHIS IS HILARIOUS
hp cast, Rupert grint, this makes me so happy,
This is insane. I can’t quite wrap my mind around it because 899 of you followed me JUST THIS MONTH. So even though I’m pretty darn broke, I want to do a giveaway. So many of you have sent such sweet messages to me and to Quigley and what better way to say thank you than to give someone the chance to win a shiny new book!
- Please be following me, the-book-ferret!
- Open internationally
- Ends July 31st
- For entries, like/reblog this post! Just don’t spam your followers!
- No giveaway blogs, please!
- Since I am superbroke there will only be one winner who is welcome to choose any book from the book depository, preferably paperback, along with a note signed by myself and Quigley
- Make sure if you enter you’re comfortable sending me your mailing address. If you’re not old enough, please get your parent’s permission!
- Be sure to have your ask box open. If I don’t receive a reply within a day or so, I’ll pick a new winner
- Thank you for following me and good luck! *loves* Mac & Quigley
Okay so I think Chris Evans was saying in an interview about how it’s always the children who discover the hero in disguise, and I just realized why: it’s because they’re short enough to see under the hat and they’re innocent and hopeful enough to still believe in heroes.
i’ve been wanting to do one of these for a long long time as a thank you to my followers because ya’ll are so lovely and i love you all sooooooo here it is!
there will be TWO winners who will be able to choose ANY BOOK/S they want, as long as the total cost amounts to $25 or less. once again, for the sake of clarity, two winners, each gets to choose something that costs no more than $25 e.g. one hardcover or two paperbacks
i might make it four winners depending on my financial situation after i pay my tuition
so these are the rules / guidelines / things to know:
- you must be following me
- reblog this post however much times you want I guess just try not to be annoying with it
- likes don’t count sorry (you can like the post for bookmark purposes but otherwise, likes don’t count)
- this giveaway is open internationally (as long as the book depository ships to your country)
- you must be willing to give me your address so you can get the book
- winners will be chosen using a random generator
- your ask box must be open, if it’s not then i’ll be picking another winner
- if the winner/s doesn’t/don’t respond within 24 hours I’ll be choosing someone else
- NO GIVEAWAY BLOGS ALLOWED AT ALL
- giveaway ends on august 29th
- any questions, just ask me here
Made for SherlockeDCC 2014! If you got a goodie bag, it would have included a print of this!
I hope you all like it! :)
(Please don’t instagram or Facebook, or anything along those lines. I don’t want to see this as cover art for fanfiction either. It was made as a giveaway for this event. )